Thursday, October 01, 2009

thrifted :: cuckoo clock

5_thursday

one of my most favorite thrifted items this summer has been this cuckoo clock. found it at a garage sale and asked the elderly lady if she knew if it worked. she said that the man that fixed it for them had passed away. i took that to mean that it needed some work. i brought it home and started it up. it worked, but chimed at the wrong times. with a little internet research i fixed my little find all by myself in no time flat! now if i can only get my husband to be as crazy about it as i am!

thrifted cuckoo clock

thrifted cuckoo clock

thrifted cuckoo clock

4 comments:

Matthew Bamberg said...

Beautiful images; nice angles. Matt Bamberg, author, http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Secrets-Create-Winning-Photographs/dp/159863902

TamTam Design said...

ohhh i just love this lori!

mari said...

So cute. Do the chimes annoy the heck out of you though???
I'm still kicking myself for not keeping one of my Grandpa's cuckoo clocks when we cleaned out his house a couple years ago. Sigh.

Liz Harrell said...

Wow... I am sincerely jealous. What a fabulous find!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin