Thursday, August 20, 2009

design*sponge feature (again!)

othernews

i'm so excited that grace from design*sponge featured my latest project! i purchased the follow sewing bench/stool at a garage sale last week for $2! the before photos make the seat look more red than it was. it was actually more brown. blech. i removed the old seat, pin-tucked and top-stitched some new fabric into a "wave" pattern, and painted the base a glossy red. i then finished off the inside with a surprise little pattern. here's grace's post over at design*sponge.

before_full

befor_top

after_full

after_angle

after_closeup

after_topopen

after_inside

2 comments:

jay said...

Beautiful!
I actually found your site via design sponge. Im loving all of your projects!

SHERRY HART said...

Holy crap...snaps for that project! IF....[notice I said if] I can figure out how to do this, I would love to feature this post on my blog.m Would that be OK?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin